The Patent Committee provides a forum for members to discuss and engage in developments in patent law. The committee’s objectives are to contribute highly substantive and practical content on patent law developments, support the IPL Section’s patent law programming, monitor developments specific to Texas that may impact patent law practice, and increase committee membership. Committee activities provide unique benefits to Texas patent practitioners. Those activities include:
- Presenting programs in conjunction with the USPTO's regional Texas office;
- Providing resources for solo and small firm Texas patent practitioners in running a patent law practice;
- Facilitating connections between Texas patent lawyers outside of the larger cities;
- Supporting the USPTO's pro bono program in Texas in partnership with Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts;
- Publishing relevant articles for Texas patent lawyers in the Section's IP newsletter and the Texas Bar Journal.
If you are interested in learning more about the Committee or joining, please email the Chair by clicking here.